Virginia Domestic Violence Lawyer
Experienced Domestic Violence Defense Attorney in Suffolk, VA Defends the Rights of Clients Accused of Acts of Violence and Aggression in Virginia Beach, Chesterfield County, Henrico County, and Throughout VA
Domestic violence allegations are treated very seriously by authorities in Virginia. The law provides protection for victims of domestic violence under its assault and battery laws. People accused of committing assault and battery against a family member or a member of their household may face criminal charges. Being accused of or being arrested for domestic violence can be detrimental to your reputation. It can also mean losing your freedom. You’ll need an experienced and knowledgeable Virginia domestic violence lawyer to help protect your rights and freedom.
Attorney Drew Page will provide you with the guidance, support, and quality representation you need when facing a domestic abuse complaint or domestic violence criminal charges. Attorney Page has years of experience defending the rights of those accused of assault and battery of family members or members of their household in Virginia. You can have confidence in his skills and knowledge to advocate your case on your behalf and fight for a favorable outcome.
Don’t take any chances when the stakes are so high. Contact Attorney Drew page to consult with an experienced and knowledgeable domestic violence defense attorney in Suffolk, VA. You can trust Attorney Drew Page and his team to fight aggressively to protect your rights all the way through trial.
What Constitutes Domestic Violence in Virginia
In Virginia, anyone that commits family abuse (or domestic violence) against a family member or a member of their household through any act of force, violence, or threat that results in a physical injury of the family member or places that family member in fear of being harmed can be charged with assault and battery. Some acts that are considered domestic violence by Virginia law include:
- Terroristic threats or any act that puts a person in fear of harm or death
- False imprisonment or any act that interferes substantially with a person’s freedom
- Criminal restraint or restraining a person under circumstances that could expose them to the risk of injury
- Sexual assault
- Criminal sexual contact
- Criminal coercion or the restriction of a person’s freedom with threats of inflicting injury, exposing secrets, criminal accusations
- Cyber harassment
- Contempt of a judicial or court order
How Attorney Drew Page, an Experienced Virginia Domestic Violence Lawyer, can Help You Fight Against Domestic Violence Charges
Being accused of domestic violence can be a devastating experience. You may even be confused about what you should do next. It is important to consult with an experienced and knowledgeable attorney as soon as possible. Attorney Drew Page, an experienced domestic violence defense attorney in Suffolk, VA, will help to fight the accusations and protect your reputation, rights, and freedom. Our team will:
- Review your case for free. Attorney Drew Page will advise you on the potential consequences of a restraining order or a criminal conviction for the complaint or charges against you. He will explain your rights and options to you so you can make informed decisions.
- Investigating the domestic violence allegations against you. We will work to recover evidence to build a strong defense in your case.
- Advocate on your behalf at your hearing. Attorney Drew Page will argue against the issuance of a restraining order or other conditions that may have been or may be imposed on you in relation to the domestic violence complaint or charges brought against you.
- Seek the dismissal or reduction of criminal charges by finding and taking advantage of weaknesses in the prosecution’s case
- Representing you at trial if necessary. We will argue your side to the judge and jury and fight for a not guilty verdict.
Contact Drew Page to Consult with an Experienced Virginia Domestic Violence Lawyer
Being accused of domestic violence can have severe and long-term consequences in your life. A domestic violence complaint can result in various restrictions being imposed on your life, including not being able to see your children as often as you would like. It is vital that you have the right guidance and representation to protect your rights.
Contact our law firm to consult with Attorney Drew Page, an experienced and knowledgeable domestic violence defense attorney in Suffolk, VA. Schedule your appointment for a free case review and discuss your rights and options with Attorney Drew Page. He will help you determine the best strategy to approach your case when facing a domestic violence complaint or charges.
Frequently Asked Questions about Domestic Violence in Virginia
It depends. In many instances, when an alleged domestic violence victim files a complaint against an alleged abuser after the fact, it is done to obtain a restraining order against the alleged abuser. The alleged victim of abuse may not proceed to press criminal charges. You may, therefore, not go to jail. However, if they do proceed to press criminal charges, there is a chance that you may face time behind bars.
It is a good idea to consult with an experienced Virginia domestic violence lawyer when someone files a domestic violence complaint against you. Attorney Drew Page will review your case and determine the best way to approach it in order to protect your right to freedom.
Virginia laws make it a crime to injure, threaten, or attempt to injure a member of your family or household. Anyone that has suffered abuse or domestic violence by a family member or a member of their household is eligible to file a domestic violence complaint against the alleged abuser under Virginia law. Virginia law recognizes the following as family or household members:
3. Former spouses
8. In-laws that live in the same house
9. People who have children together
10. And any people that live together or have lived together within the past year
Fighting on behalf of personal injury victims in order to recover maximum financial compensation for their injuries and damages.LEARN MORE
Helping clients find innovative solutions to resolve their family matters in a way that will benefit them for the long term.LEARN MORE
Providing people charged with criminal offenses the best possible defense.LEARN MORE
Committing years of experience and in-depth knowledge of Virginia DUI laws to help you get the best outcome.LEARN MORE