Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer
Client-focused and Experienced Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer Fighting to Defend the Rights of Victims of Dog Bites In Virginia Beach, Chesterfield County, Henrico County, and Throughout VA
Dogs are considered man’s best friend. These loyal furry companions can be counted on to lift your spirits when you’re feeling down. However, dogs can be ferocious. They can attack people even without reason. Even an attack by a smaller dog can result in serious injuries. Dog attacks can also be psychologically traumatizing. If you have been the victim of a dog bite, you should consult with a Virginia dog bite lawyer to determine your options in seeking compensation for your injuries and damages.
Attorney Drew Page will fight on your behalf to recover compensation for your injuries. He will provide you with the best strategy to seek compensation and help you build a strong claim by gathering evidence on your behalf. He will negotiate for maximum compensation and ensure your rights and interests are considered throughout the process.
Contact Attorney Drew Page to book an appointment for a free case review.
An Overview of Virginia’s Laws on Dog Bites
Laws and regulations regarding dog bites differ from one state to the next. Virginia adheres to the one-bite rule. This means that the first time a dog is reported to have bitten someone, it is presumed that the dog owner did not know beforehand that their dog could exhibit dangerous behavior. However, if the dog is reported to have bitten a person again, the dog owner can be held liable for the damages suffered by this person as they already knew that their dog would bite.
Dog owners are required by law to restrain their dogs. If a homeowner is shown to have been reckless about restraining their dog, they can be held liable for injuries that their dog inflicts on a person. The homeowner’s lack of effort to restrain the dog properly may be viewed as negligent behavior. The homeowner may be held liable for injuries even if the dog did not previously display aggressive behavior.
Why You Need a Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer for Your Dog Bite Claim
Have you been bitten by a dog? It is important to consult with an experienced Virginia dog bite lawyer as soon as possible. There are many reasons why you need a lawyer if you intend to seek compensation for your injuries.
- An experienced attorney will assess your case for you. They will help you determine whether you have a valid claim and the best way to pursue compensation for your damages. They will help you identify the party or parties that can be held liable for your injuries and maximize your compensation.
- Hiring an attorney as soon as possible will ensure you can get started on the process of seeking compensation as soon as possible. This will ensure that you do not miss out on any deadlines when filing a claim. Virginia law requires that you file your claim within two years of the date of your dog bite. It is therefore important to get started as soon as possible.
- An experienced lawyer will investigate your claim on your behalf. They will gather evidence and build a strong claim on your behalf. This will improve your chances of recovering compensation.
- Your lawyer will represent you in negotiations with the dog owner and their insurance company. They will fight aggressively to recover compensation on your behalf and will not settle for a low-ball offer. You will get much more in terms of compensation than you would have received if you pursued the claim on your own.
- Your attorney will represent you in the trial if a reasonable settlement is not reached during the negotiations. They will argue your case to a judge and jury.
Reach Out to Us Today for a Free Case Review With a Qualified Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer
If you have been the victim of a dog bite, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and other damages. Contact us today to schedule a free strategy session with a qualified and experienced Virginia dog bite lawyer. Attorney Drew Page offers a free, no-obligation consultation that will give you an opportunity to learn more about your legal rights. You can discuss the circumstances of your case and determine your options for recovering compensation.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment for a free strategy session.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dog Bite Injury Claims
If you have been bitten by a dog, it is important to seek medical care. This applies even if you don’t think the injury is serious. Proper medical care after the bite will protect you from infections. Your medical record will also play a vital role as evidence of the injuries you suffered as a result of the dog bite.
If you are able to, take photos of your wounds and the scene where the dog bite occurred. Ask the owner of the dog for their contact information. This will ensure that you can locate them later. If you suspect that they are not providing you with the right information request for their driver’s license.
Contact an attorney thereafter to begin the process of seeking compensation for your injuries.
If you have been bitten by a stray dog, you should still seek medical attention as soon as possible after the incident. You should also take photos of the dog and your injuries immediately after the incident. The complication with being bitten by a stray dog is that they have no recent owner. This means that there may be no one to hold liable for your injuries.
However, you may be able to recover compensation in some cases. For example, if the dog was abandoned by its owner and the owner is known, you can hold them liable for your injuries. If the dog recently escaped from an animal shelter, you can hold the animal shelter liable for your injuries.
Fighting on behalf of personal injury victims in order to recover maximum financial compensation for their injuries and damages.LEARN MORE
Helping clients find innovative solutions to resolve their family matters in a way that will benefit them for the long term.LEARN MORE
Providing people charged with criminal offenses the best possible defense.LEARN MORE
Committing years of experience and in-depth knowledge of Virginia DUI laws to help you get the best outcome.LEARN MORE